The Fish Mongress

Monday, October 31, 2005

Post Halloween Blahs

Even though today is officially Halloween, it's sad to see it over so soon. I love this time of year and wish it could last an entire week or month- although I'm not so sure my liver would last that long! I have to say though, I was disappointed this year at watching the younger generation dress up for Halloween. This weekend is truly an excuse for them to wear their underwear out in public and have it be accepted by everyone! What ever happened to originality or gory outfits? I for one love the ability to look as ugly as I want to and not be insulted when someone tells you how hideous you look...To wear my underwear out and have someone tell me what a gory costume - well not quite the compliment I'd be going for (although technically I was in my underwear this year and it really wasn't that pretty...But that was on purpose!). Maybe I'm making too much out of this, or maybe it's my age showing, but I was really upset to see so many "minimalist" outfits! Maybe next year I'll be more impressed - or maybe next year I'll go somewhere where there's more people my age, rather than trying to hang out with the 20-somethings!

7 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

Where are you going to go next year? The Legion?

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger MB said...

I wonder why the kids aren't taking advantage of Halloween to be complete idiots and get away with it (and that includes Joe, the party pooper too)? Maybe as we get old we appreciate the chance to be something we normally aren't since we're expected to conform to the norm for the other 364 days of the year.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger MB said...

The young punks haven't been beaten down by the man yet, so they take the opportunity to be strange and weird for granted....

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger MB said...

Nice blog template, by the way! Welcome!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger The Experience said...

I like the opportunity to be someone totally different for one weekend of the year. Get wild and crazy and do something different. Maybe to the young ones wearing their underwear in public is wild and crazy for them. When they get a little older and wiser they'll see that there are better ways to be wild and crazy.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Alanis said...

I'm sure for most of those girls though, wearing outfits that revealing isn't much out of ordinary for them. I should know, I used to be one of those girls (how scary is that!)

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger MB said...

True...the fashions 'those kids' wear today doesn't leave much more to the definition of weird and crazy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home