The Fish Mongress

Friday, November 11, 2005

Instant Motherhood

I think most would consider me to be insane at this moment. For the next ten days, I'm looking after my friends two kids (ages 13 & 15), while the parents are off in England. What was I thinking agreeing to do this!! All of a sudden now, I have to pay attention to school schedules, play dates, meals, TV watching...it's all rather overwhelming. I'm lucky though, as Rachel and Will really are good kids - Will's too dedicated to his rowing to do anything bad and little Rachel is just plain too scared to try to do anything evil (she freaks out at every sound in the house at night!). I think if they do try to do anything that's not allowed, it'll be because I'm coercing them into it!! I will just have to do my best to be a "good girl" for this next week. And already it's soooo hard.

First off it's the long weekend - although I don't know if it really counts for me having to still work Friday and Saturday - and I want to go and meet up with my friends and drink beer. Jon's having his Keech Shaker tonight and I can't go (I think Rachel would die of fright if I left her alone in the house this evening & I don't think bringing her is really an option) and I want to go and see everyone! Then tomorrow, rather than being able to meet up in the afternoon with friends for drinks, I have to stay sober so I can drive Rachel to and from her play date in the afternoon and then I have to pick up Will in the evening from Band Camp (yes that's right folks, I said band camp!!). Where's the Alanis time in this?!? I think next Saturday night is going to be a blitz night for me...I should start planning now!

At any rate, this job is good for me - it pays well and god only knows I need the money to pay down my NY trip. So I will suck it up (and knowing me, I'll probably have fun by the end of the week)!

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger MB said...

We missed you this weekend! When are you going to come out and play with us again?

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

As soon as I finish with these kids! It wouldn't be very responsible of me to go out and party while leaving them at home. Next weekend I'll be up for some fun...let me know what's going on! I miss you guys too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home