The Fish Mongress

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm Back!

Very slowly I'm getting back to reality!

Last week's house boating adventure was fantastic! We laughed a ton, couldn't have asked for better weather, ate copious amounts of wonderful food, drank muchos cervesas and G&T's...it truly was an awesome getaway. The only thing I would have changed would have been having Ryan there with me (yup, I'm a suck!). I'm still working on downloading photos from the trip and when that's done, I'll expand more on the holiday...always more fun to have photos to go along with!

Now even though I was on holidays, work still managed to piss me off...Saturday I went to take out money from the ATM only to realize that there wasnt' any! Apparently young boss was too "busy" (or golfing as some would say) to get pay roll done on time. No direct debit for this month...rather a pay cheque sitting on my desk that I didn't get access to until Tuesday. I love my job!!!

Any way, we got back to town last Saturday, so Sunday morning Ryan and I went to Prairie to climb. I suggested I do some major training because eating, drinking and doing nothing for 7 days straight was probably not the best thing for me (although it was fun!). Just the hike in almost killed me! Amazing how soft you become being lazy for a week! We did have a great day climbing - coming home, not so great...something about a $177 speeding ticket (but for what could have been worse case scenerio - not so bad to pay).

Monday I finally spent some time at my place, did some cleaning and laundry and then met Chandra for a couple pints on the patio for the afternoon. Very lovely.

Tuesday was a rude shock, having to get up for work! Although, I have to admit this week is turning out to be fun...they actually have me working at the market part time, learning the ropes there. I love it! It's nice to get out of the office for a bit. I still need a new job.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

How long have you been needing a new job now? Get on it! Now is the perfect time to find something what with the boom in the economy and all.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey -- where are the promised photos?

m

 

Post a Comment

<< Home