The Fish Mongress

Monday, July 10, 2006

Weekend Report

I wish everyday could be a weekend - they're so much fun! I have a feeling though, that's not going to happen for another 30 years or so!!

Friday - I had to take my car into the shop for a leaky something underneath. Not sure what it is, but it's ready to pick up today and they didn't call to say "it's major "blah, blah" and is going to cost $bizzilions" so I'm assuming it was minor! One of the Reps at work was a sweetheart and leant me his truck for the weekend so I could still get around. So generous of him! Friday night I just hung out with Ryan and enjoyed an evening in (for a nice change!).

Saturday - It was my turn to work, so I spent the morning at the fish office. Rather a slow day, but I got lots done. I had to run a couple of deliveries after work and then met up with my friend Dave for the afternoon. We walked from my place down to Eau Claire and then back up 17th Ave, stopping at the Bier Market for a quick pint and then back to my place. It was hot and beautiful outside and that kicked my ass! I was exhausted for the rest of the day and didn't have any energy to do a thing! I mustered up enought get-go to get over to Ryan's house that evening and fortunately he was just as exhausted and we both crashed early.

Sunday is becoming a regular climbing day. We met up with Chandra and headed out to Cougar Canyon in Canmore. Gogeous walk in with amazing scenery everywhere...until the strom rolled in! Chandra was on a 10c route when it hit...she tried her best to get to the top to clean it, but just couldn't. So then Ryan had to climb up to clean the route. At that point, it was a full on storm and no protection from the rain what so ever!!! We looked like drowned rats by the time we left! Even though it was freezing and uncomfortably wet - we all had a great laugh and it was still, all in all, a good day.

Last night Ryan and I met up with his sister and dad for dinner at the Garlic Clove (I stink today!) and had a leisurly evening enjoying many different appetizers and fantastic wine. After dinner, we watched the rest of a movie we'd started earlier this weekend and then watched the lightning storm out side - pretty spectacular.

5 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

Sounds super! I am envious of all the climbing you're doing.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

How's the climbing in Dallas?

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

going to see the devil wears prada tonight. what movie were you watching?

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

Let me know how the "Devil" is. We watched "The Pink Panther"...it was okay - I'm not the biggest Steve Martin fan. Last night we watched "Harley Davidson and the Marlborough Man" Pretty entertaining!!

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Devil' wasn't all that... maybe a rental. Have plans to see the new Pirates movie... that should be GREAT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home