The Fish Mongress

Friday, September 22, 2006

Last Week

I finally finished cat/dog/house sitting last week on Thursday (I think it's been almost a 2 month stint of non-stop sitting), only to have Ryan start a cat/dog/house sitting job that same day! What are the odds?! It's super nice though, we're looking after a house in Bragg Creek (okay the daily commute isn't always wonderful), but the scenery is beautiful and it's so peaceful out there. The other bonus is this is the house with the bouldering wall in the garage!! Unfortunately Dom hasn't reset many of the routes and they're way beyond my ability. I still try, and laugh a lot.

Ryan and Finnigan in the garage
We've had a couple shocks in the past week. The first was waking up to snow last Thursday!! It wasn't in Calgary, but Bragg Creek got a good dump.

The other shock was Dom's cat, Mercury, not coming home for 2 whole days. I was getting really worried - the cat is an out-door night cat - with the wilderness around, I had horrid visions of coyotes feasting on poor Mercury. I realize that Dom and family should understand the risk of letting their cat out all night, every night; but it's entirely different if the cat dies while we're looking after it! If it were to happen, I'd much prefer for it to take place when he's not under our care! I know there's the option of not letting the cat out at night as well, but then we have to listen to him meowing and scratching all night, trying to get out. I'm a little selfish and like getting a good night's sleep.

What else...oh yeah, last week I got to spend most of my week working at the fish market in Willow Park. What a riot that was! I saw at least 4-5 old Portage customers each day. I realized how much I missed doing that kind of work, dealing with the public, being able to move around, it was a breath of fresh air for me. I have mentioned that I would be interested in staying over there and acting as a manager - they are thinking about it but they haven't said "no" so far. This week I'm back at the office (surprisingly it's a good week - bossy boss has not been bossy!). Next week - who knows! They're looking for more people to work at the market and until they find someone, office staff are working both locations, so I may be back there next week (I hope!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home