The Fish Mongress

Monday, April 03, 2006

Weekend in Review

It's the first Monday after Daylight savings and I am really dragging my ass today. It's 8:30am and I already need a nap! Although it could be a result of this weekend's debauchery too.

Friday night started as usual, with Latin dancing (we learnt the Cha-Cha!). Afterwards, I met up with Kelly and Matt at Brewsters DT for a couple pints, but ended up having a fairly early evening.

Saturday was my last day looking after Max, so the morning was spent cleaning/washing sheets and towels, taking Max for a walk, packing, etc. I spent most of my after noon at the climbing gym. (Apparently I'm getting over-ambitious with the bouldering problems I'm choosing, but Etienne is taking great pleasure in finding other problems for me to do to learn the technique required for the more difficult routes. I love it!!) After that, got cleaned up and went over to Brad & Derek's for dinner and a movie (Memoirs of a Gisha). The movie was okay, it wasn't really what I expected it to be...very much a chick-flick. After that (if you can believe it) Brad and I went to the Underground for a CD release party. One of his co-workers (Steve) is the lead singer for Inner Surge. Can't say it's music I could really appreciate; although Steve does have a very nice voice, you rarely heard it as he prefered to scream. So really, not my cup of tea!

I did find this amazing though...it's been about 10 years since I've been to the Underground/Warehouse (at one point it was where I practically lived) and the bouncer at that time is now a bar tender. He remebered me! I couldn't believe it!

After the Underground, Brad came over for a few munchies and water. He finally left at about 3am...that' just wayyyyy tooo late for me!

Sunday, I was pissed off when I woke up at 7:30. I need more sleep! I did manage to have a short nap in the morning, but it wasn't enough. I just puttered around the house, got some groceries, had a quick visit with Melissa in her new place and then had dinner with mom and Aletha. I was thankful that mom's feeling under the weather (not good for her) and was completely pooped by 7:30 and sent us home. Last night was early to bed, but damn, I think it's going to take me another couple of days to recover from Saturday night!! Getting old sucks!

3 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... the warehouse. Thought of that place last weekend when I heard 'boys & girls' by Blur. (mik if you read this remember the cute gay guy we were all in lust with from a distance... he used to dance to that song) haven't thought of that place for a while even though I was there Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat nights for all of college. Had a crush on the owner for a while (not the stoned guy that died). That's a sign that you have been there too much. Also remember when we all went there for Halloween.

Thought about taking S there to see it, but I thought I would feel really old and I don't know if it is a multi-cultural location.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

Too funny!! Brad and I went upstairs to the Warehouse for a little bit (you're not really allowed up there anymore unless you pay cover there too) and we stayed long enough to dance to "boys & girls"!! It truly was a walk down memory lane.

It's completely changed inside, very open and airy so to speak now. As for being multi-cultural...i think if you wear all black is doesn't matter...some things will never change!!

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny... some things never change... and that's not a bad thing!

See you in a week and 1 day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home