The Fish Mongress

Monday, March 27, 2006

The results are NOT in

The Tour De Bloc competition was a ton of fun...extremely hard...but fun. How did I rate overall? I really couldn't tell you yet as I don't know! The competition went from 12:20 to 4:40, then there was a break for dinner for an hour and then the elite climbers competed for a couple hours. After all of that's done, they have their awards ceremony - I was at Geoff and Lei's for a BBQ at that time...so I do not know how I did...but I will let you know when I find out.

As for how I think I did... There were 30 routes to do; number one being the easiest, 30 the hardest. Each route is worth so many points (route 30 being worth the most) and you lose points if it takes you more than one attempt to complete the route. The judges take your 8 best climbs to calculate your total. I was not in a math mood to figure out my total, but choosing my best 8 was easy... I only completed routes 1-7!! I said it once, I will say it again: It was Hard!!

Still I had a blast doing it and look forward to the next competition! Here's some shots of the weekend (really I was climbing in these photos...I just never got far off the ground when people were around to take pictures).



Etienne - Climbing above; with me below

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home