The Fish Mongress

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Marketing Dinner

Well lucky me finally got to attend my first marketing meeting last night. I was rather bitter about the whole thing too. The invite came about 3 hours after everyone else was informed (my guess, someone here mentioned that maybe I should attend as an after thought), then I was ticked as I had planned to boulder most of last night and to top it off, I really wasn't keen on spending my time with work people - especially bossy boss. Well it turned out that I got to leave early from work so I got in 2hours of bouldering and bossy boss feels a little sicky and didn't make it to dinner - ah poo!

The evening itself was actually quite nice. We dined at the Highwood (a restaurant at SAIT where all the staff are students training for the industry) where we enjoyed a 5-course meal (I could have stopped after salad - I was full then). My dinner was appetizer: snow-crab cake with avocado and red pepper sauce, soup: seafood bisque, salad: classic caesar, main: rack of lamb, dessert: dark chocolate creme brulee with chocolate truffles. I think I gained 50lbs last night!

As for the marketing side of things...interesting taking it all in. It seems as though everyone wants to say more about bossy boss, but not willing to come out directly with it. Of course there's still no sign of me getting any more responsibilities in the marketing department (which they hired me to do!).

All in all it was a pleasant evening...other than it went a little later than I'd hoped for and getting up at 4:15 this morning was not pleasant!

Oh BTW - I have officially started working on my resume! Soon now, soon, I will be taking that leap into something new - hopefully good too!

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger The Experience said...

Did you order the steak and lobster? A really expensive bottle of wine? Anything?

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

I think each meal costs $40 and it's the same idea as on a cruise...it includes everything, but you have to choose between 2 to 5 items for each course. Drinks are not included...someone else made the wine choice - I also didn't want to be a drunken hoar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home