The Fish Mongress

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I think I'm becoming a climbing addict! I went bouldering last night on my own and was fortunate enough to have a fellow climber, Etienne, spend time with me, teaching me much needed climbing basics. As he called it "Climbing 101". I love that someone is actually taking time out to help me along. Learning just the little that I am, gets me motivated to climb even more! I love it!!

Climbing 101 - the first thing I learnt is how to tape my fingers properly (I mean really, we started at the very beginning!)

Other than that there are four things I have to have put into memory by next week:

1. Movement is alway left, right, left, right
2. When moving your right hand up, all your weight is on your right foot and vice versa
3. Your hips are either square to the wall or at 45 degrees (or more) - if you're turning your hips, your left hip is against the wall when you're reaching up with your left hand and vice versa
4. Use the tip of your shoe and not the side - you get more power this way

It seems so obvious, but put it to practice and I can hardly tell my left from right!

5 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger MB said...

"Movement is alway left, right, left, right"

isn't that the meaning of life or something?????

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

How do you explain Hop-Skotch then?

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

WTF is hop-scotch? Is it some new variety of single malt?

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

Maybe it's a girl thing but...hopping on one foot through the squares drawn on the floor to pick up the rock at the end. I'll show you next time we go bouldering.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

I know, I was joking. Gotcha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home