The Fish Mongress

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Long Weekend Fun

Tuesday morning after a long weekend and I will say - Life is Fantastic!! I think I'm still on a high from the weekend...the natural kind of course!!

The weekend started off with Kelly and Matt coming over to Ryan's house for a BBQ. We played a complete 9-hole game of mini golf inside Rye's house...It was a riot!! I look forward to many more indoor golf games!!


Saturday morning we were up early and off to Acephale to the lower wall (somewhat easier routes there for me) where I spent the morning working...."Keys Locked in Car" 10c?...(I need to get my own guide book because I don't remember!!). I made some good progress (in my mind at least - ha ha), but had to leave early to head back to town for a dinner. I left Ryan there and he spent the rest of the day at the upper wall working "Sweet Thing" (13something - or really hard!!). I looked like crazy girl walking back down to the car...someone mentioned to make some noise to keep the bears away. I had a wonderfully loud conversation with myself for the 35/40 minutes it took to get down the hill! Not a great time to run out of water either - very dry mouth when I got to my car...but was so happy to find bottled water we forgot in my car!!

Saturday night I met up with my dad and we went to visit Rose and Giermo (friends he met in Mexico) for dinner. It was such a beautiful night, but (and I should really know better) I was exhausted from climbing and ended up being the party pooper and leaving around 9pm...really sad considering I was the youngest there by 30years!!

Sunday morning, it was up early again (this time I woke up saying "oww - my body hurts!") and Rye and I picked up Chandra and were off to Lake Louise. Ended up having to take a bit of a detour due to a car accident, but still got there in fairly good time. Now this is where I have to admit that I am the most pathetic Calgarian ever...in my 31 years of life, that was the first time I'd ever been to Lake Louise! Truly sad - I know. (Thank you Ryan for finally taking me there!)

Lake Louise was fantastic!! First off, I really like the hike in - no up hill what so ever (yeah!!), the scenery is gorgeous and there's tons of routes to choose from. We spent the entire day there and got lots of climbing in...or at least as much as we could each handle! We were almost like walking zombies leaving, we were so tired!! I'm excited to go back though!


Rye, me, Chandra, Peggy, Sam & Hoggy

Chandra climbing



On our way back, we stopped in Canmore at the Rose and Crown to meet some more of Ryan's friends and to have dinner and pints. We didn't stay too long; keeping our eyes open at that point was really difficult! To say the least, it was early to bed again Sunday night.


Jeff, Danny, Andrea, Mike, Ryan & me

Monday it was yet another early morning...but this time I got to go home and take a nap...not so bad!! I ended up doing nothing all day Monday...and I think it was needed. My body definitely took a beating this weekend with all that climbing!! All well worth it though and I can't wait to get out to do more!!

3 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger The Experience said...

Wow, I really do wish you had called. I love climbing at Lake Louise.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger mrs the experience said...

Looks like a beautiful time. And you and Ryan are so cute. :)

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you hadn't been to Lake Louise. Minus the tourists, it is one of my favourite 'views'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home