The Fish Mongress

Monday, May 01, 2006

Leads at Grassi and More

I have to say this was a fantastic weekend! Of course Ryan and I went to Grassi Lake on Friday after work and I completed four climbs - all of which I lead!! I was super excited to find out the last climb I did was rated a 9/10a...we forgot the guide book to know what routes we were actually climbing! It was an awesome experience and I can't wait to get out and do more! We stopped in Canmore for dinner at the Grizzly Paw on our way back to town and I have to admit, I can't remember a beer ever tasting so good! I guess that happens when you put that much work before hand - Ha Ha!! It was pretty late getting back to Calgary, so it was home and off to bed right away for me.

Saturday ended up being a busy day with lots of errands to run and cleaning to do. I went to CCC for a couple hours in the afternoon and had a fairly good session with Chandra and Etienne (which also included drinking green tea and eating cookies!). I was ticked with myself for not completing one route I've been working on for a while now...I fell off going for the very last hold and had no energy left to attempt it again. Shit! I had fun just the same!

Saturday evening involved family coming over for dinner. Cousin Michelle and hubby Dave were originally invited, then dad got back from PV and I could hardly wait to see him so he got the invite and then, of course, you have to invite mom and sis. It worked out well and a lively bunch we were that evening. Everyone was fed-up full , fading off to sleep and left at 9pm. Yeah! Party animals!!

Sunday's sleep-in was greatly appreciated as well as a generally relaxing day...until...I realized I had to get my taxes done and the person who helped me was my Uncle in High River. So Sunday turned into a nice day for a drive out in the country! Sunday night Ryan came over for dinner and movie (which we never got around to watching - much more interesting conversations going on instead!), but it ended up being a very late night and I"m certainly paying for it today:(!

All in all though....terrific weekend!

Here's the photos I promised from Grassie.

Okay, so posting photos is not working right now...I will try again later. Blahghghg!

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home