The Fish Mongress

Monday, May 08, 2006

Barrier Lake

It's Monday again and time to post!

Had a busy weekend this weekend, but it was fun! Friday night I went over to Ryan's for dinner (stuffed pork tenderloin and veggies - yummy!) and a movie (Fever Pitch - not that bad!). Spending time with Ryan is always a good way to start anything it seems these days and it was a super way to start the weekend!!

Saturday I had to work the morning...blah...but then I got to enjoy a nap almost all afternoon! I meant to only lie down for a half hour, but apparently turned my alarm off without knowing and slept for almost 2 hours. I guess I needed the rest and I refused to feel guilty about it! I then met Melissa for some afternoon cocktails and munchies. It was great to hear all about her trip to P.E.I and Halifax (I'm so jealous!). I dropped her off at Bart's parents place and then headed to Joey's Eau Claire to meet Ryan and Etienne for dinner. We had some really good laughs and I enjoyed hearing all their stories of climbing at Acephale that day. I'm looking forward to making it out there someday, but apparently I won't be climbing much there - way too advanced for this beginner! Ryan and I just went back to his place to relaxed and had an early night.

Sunday was an early morning. We decided to head out to Barrier Lake to go climbing with Chandra. Not a bad hike in...I'm still getting used to this hiking thing! The view was fantastic from the base, but the wind was not pleasant! Rye assured us girls that once the sun came out, it would be beautiful...and I'm sure it would have been beautiful had the clouds gone away as well. None the less, we pulled through and got some good climbs in - or at least good beginner climbing!! I took my first un-intended fall (scared the crap out of me) and I'm a little bruised from it but still very much alive! The sun did evenutally make an appearance just as we decided we were too cold and tired to carry on...so back to Calgary we went.

Once we got back into town, it was a quick shower and off to mom's for dinner. I felt bad at 7:30 when I told her I had to leave...I could hardly keep my eyes open! It was another early night for me!

I have a feeling that many of my post-weekend posts will be about climbing now...sorry.

5 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger mrs the experience said...

Glad you made it through the fall in one piece - and bruises are HOT! So very hot. I hope. Since I am currently covered in them from a bike accident. :)

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

At the very least you get sympathy if they're not "stupid" bruises (the ones you get from walking into stationary objects because you're just to blond to notice)and sympathy brings out the kind, caring and wonderful attention we love from the ones we love!!

Are you okay?

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger mrs the experience said...

I have a permanent Stupid Bruise on my upper right thigh, from where I run into my desk, sometimes 5, 6 times a day. No one moves the desk. It's always right where I've had it since I started working here. I have ample room to avoid said desk. But. Like a satellite careening down from orbit, I am drawn to the excruciatingly pokey corner. So, I don't think it's a blond thing. Maybe it means we're extra special smart, thinking about things other than, say, furniture.

I am ok. A car nudged my back tire at an intersection, and I panicked in my pedals and fell. It was scary, but yes, wearing skirts to work has at least encouraged people to talk to me. "What the HELL happened to you?" they ask. "He hurts me when the Flames lose," I reply.

Ha.

Are you coming to Jon's party when I am there? Are you?! And will you bring your very cute boy?

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger mrs the experience said...

Oh, I posted a pic of my bruise on my Live Journal. Enjoy!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Alanis said...

I will be at Jon's party for sure!! Ryan - we will wait and see...he's taking a motorcycle course and the classroom part is that evening...so we shall see.

I'm excited to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home