The Fish Mongress

Monday, May 15, 2006

Whirl Wind of a Weekend

It's Monday!! Time to post (Jon, I will try to do more than one post this week just for you!!).

It was a super busy weekend but so much fun was had!! Friday night, Rye came over for dinner and then we headed down to the Mercury for drinks with his friends from high school. I have to admit, it was dissapointing how little dirt they had on Ryan for having known him for so long. I expect better!! After a while, we sauntered over to the Rose and Crown to hang out with people from CCC for JayLo's birthday party. It was fun to see them outside of the gym...they're good people.

After far too many beers, we finally headed home and crashed. Saturday morning was not as pleasant as it could have been...damn hangovers!! That didn't stop us though from heading out to Acephale for the day. For my first time there, I think I did all right with the hike in...only a couple areas where it got quite steep - and I was somewhat embarrassed for having to stop and rest at one point - I realized afterwards that I truly was only 2 minutes from our destination!! Acephale for beginner climbers is not the kindest wall! I started working Batile which is an 11b (very hard route for me in other words!!) and couldn't even get past the third bolt. This is the easiest route at the upper wall of Acephale and was the warm-up route for the rest of the boys...me, I had trouble figuring out how to even start the damn thing!! Having frozen fingers didn't help either! So I didn't do much climbing at all but thouroughly enjoyed the camp fire and roasting marshmellows for the majority of the day!

By the time we got back to Calgary it was almost 7pm and I was supposed to be at Alex's (my salsa teacher) house for 6pm for munchies, wine and salsa videos. So I arrived late and camp-fire smelly (yup, I passed on showering - I'm sure Alex loved me for that!!). I got lots of info on salsa competitions and performances and hopefully in about a years time, I will be doing the same! I'm very excited for that!!

I was way too tired (and smelly) to go out dancing with her after, so I headed back to Ryan's where there was supposed to be a get together...but alas...I've finally met someone who throws parties like me. Ryan and his roommate were the only two there!! A couple of the guys who had been out climbing with us earlier that day did stop by for a bit, but I have to admit, I was delighted to be able to go to bed early that night.

Sunday was my first relaxing day so to speak. I did some much needed cleaning and laundry at home for the morning. I headed out to watch Melissa play base ball for a bit in the afternoon...where I managed to burn half my body very nicely (a walking piece of art I am!!) and then went home for a quick nap before heading to Leath's house for mommy's day dinner. And what a lively bunch we were that night!! We had eaten and cleaned up everything are were out the door to go home by 7:30! Of course as tired as I was, I wasn't smart enough to stay home, but instead met up with Ryan again to watch a movie. So another late night (really not smart to do on Sunday night!), but worth it!

I have a few things going on during the week...but I think I will wait and post later on about them...(would that make you happy Jon?)

And of course I also have photos from the weekend...but I forgot my camera today, so they will turn up here soon enough!

8 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger mrs the experience said...

Yes, drag your posts out for Jon, King of ADD. :)

We tried to call you on Saturday night...

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Alanis said...

I got your message from Saturday, but wasn't sure if I should call Texas on Sunday...I left a message on Jon's cell. Any chance you'll share the news now?

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger mrs the experience said...

He'd punch me in the neck if I told you. (That's worse than when the Flames lose!) You should call him again - he's back in Calgary now.

And you can call anytime, silly fish mongress.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger MB said...

Hey Alanis - sounds like yet another full weekend for you. You're a busier person than me, fer chrissakes!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

Against Idleness And Mischief
Isaac Watts

How doth the little busy bee
Improve each shining hour,
And gather honey all the day
From every opening flower!

How skillfully she builds her cell!
How neat she spreads the wax!
And labours hard to store it well
With the sweet food she makes.

In works of labour or of skill,
I would be busy too;
For Satan finds some mischief still
For idle hands to do.

In books, or work, or healthy play,
Let my first years be passed
That I may give for every day
Some good account at last.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you most certainly are a busy bee. i hear that there are some phenomenal climbing spots around montreal - c'est toi ma ville. wink, wink. not to mention some exemplary watering holes for après-climbing libations. as for my two cents regarding the toque debacle, i say go for the hand-knit devil toque. sports fashion needs a dash of crafty kitsch.

m

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... to add to m's comment, Northern California also has climbing. I could set you up with locals to take you out. The weather is gorgeous here lately ...

BTW, nice talking to you the other night. It has been a while.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger mrs the experience said...

Imagine me saying this in a very hoarse and impatient whisper: ALANIS. IT IS THURSDAY. YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR BLOG. UPDATE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home