The Fish Mongress

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Girl's Climbing!!!

Although I had a very full and fun weekend the highlight of my weekend was climbing at Grassi with Chandra and Aletha. Our very first attempt climbing with no boys! It was awesome!!

Okay - back it up now....Friday night...I met up with Miss Alli at Ceili's for a tardy-birthday drink (sorry again Alli!) but couldn't stay too long. I also had to make an apperance at Juan's for yet another "Student's Night Out" with Mambo Productions. An evening full of drinks, dancing and good friends, makes for a good night!

Saturday morning I cursed the road crew who started working at 7am. Usually that wouldn't be much of an issue as I'm an early riser...but having not gone to bed until 1am the night before...I was not a happy camper! After being rudly awaken, I spent most of the day chilaxing, meeting up with Melissa for lunch and to do pretty toes and then off to visit Brad for dinner and a movie. Another fantastic day!

Sunday! Chandra, Leath and I met up for photos...a very belated mother's day/mom's birthday/father's day-but maybe on time for dad's birthday present...We wandered around Confederation Park and I think we got some pretty good shots. We even climbed trees! After we were done with our posing...it was off to Grassi.

It was Aletha's first time climbing and we set her up on a 5'7 (really should have started on a 5'5). She didn't make it up too far the first time, but it's also very scary climbing for the very first time. Leath hung out and watched Chandra and I attempt a couple routes and then we were back with her on the 5'5 which she successfully ascended. I was so proud of her!

Chandra and I decided to try out Choss Toss (the 10b/11a route I'm determind to finish this summer) but really didn't make it past the second clip. Then we had to figure out how to get the equipment down from the second clip - that proved to be interesting and scary (at one point I was postive that Chandra had, at the very least, sprained both her ankles!). We managed though and considered ourselves to be quite deserving of the beer we had left in the lake on the way up to the car.

I'm not sure why I'm so excited about this climbing trip - but I think it's because Chandra and I really did do it on our own! I'm hoping to get out again soon...just the girls! On that note - I miss Ryan dearly!! BUT only 5 more sleeps until he's back!

2 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

You got Aletha climbing? Wow, I'm impressed. Good jorb Alanis!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

I was so proud of her! I could tell she was pretty aprehensive at first, and quite terrified on her first climb...but she did it. And even said she'd be willing to go out again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home