The Fish Mongress

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wednesday Blahs

It's Ikky Wednesday again and I'll admit that it's not been a good start to the day...A thunder storm woke me up in the middle of the night - possibly a good thing as the rain was pouring in my open windows!! And I forgot to turn on my alarm last night! I still managed to make it into work for 6am though (and that's waking up at 5:36) - damn I'm good!! (Tee-Hee)

This past weekend...

Saturday I attended a salsa & swing workshop during the day. Was taught techniques and new patterns from world winning salsa dancers Maria and Jose. The day was tons of fun and challenging, but in the end completely pooped my out and I ended up not going to the evening events for their performances and social dancing. I've learnt my lesson for the next workshop...don't do all the classes available and expect to keep dancing that night!! I didn't feel to bad for missing the social dance part as it's our end of season Student's night out this Friday...I will be there!

Sunday, Ryan and I took our chances at Lake Louise for climbing (the weather wasn't being overly cooperative) and managed to get in a fairly decent day. The two French Men also joined up with us for the afternoon, which was fun. We timed our departure well; the skies opened up and poured on us just as we were nearing the parking lot to leave! We decided to stop for a hot tub in Banff on the way back and then had dinner in Canmore as well. It was a fantastic day!!

Ryan's away on business this week and then is turning around and is on holidays for 10 days - I'm a very sad girl and I already miss him (but he's having fun so I guess that counts for something too;)). I was planning to meet up with him on his holidays in Penticton for a weekend, but life just keeps throwing more and more obstacles at me to keep me from going. I guess it will just be that much more exciting to see him when he gets back now! I can't wait!!

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time in Banff... Maybe we can touch base this week. Would like to catch up!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

Sorry I missed your call last night...I was watching a movie and didn't hear the phone ring! I'll try you today after work.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

I'm glad you got some climbing in at Lake Louise. Make sure you save some energy for my return in September.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home