The Fish Mongress

Monday, June 26, 2006

Happy Girl!

It's Monday morning and I'm exhausted from another busy weekend...all good stuff, but I need to learn to start resting now and again!!

Friday night I met up with Chandra and her friend Lisa for an evening of girl talk, food, drinking and dancing. It was so much fun! We had a wonderful cab driver - we named Jose - who was a just a hoot for our short drive from Morgans to Tantra! I should have booked him to drive me home though...apparently I was someone cabbies did not want to pick up when it was time to go home. Good thing I live within walking distance of most bars now - I was not impressed:(!

Saturday arrived way too early for the hang-over I was experiencing...but I had to get up and head off to work for the morning. Ran some errands after and then visitied Melissa at her dad's Mohawk for their grand re-opening. Got some great deals, but was too early for hot dogs and pop (boo-urns). Then I got the best surprise ever!!!! Ryan came home a day early from holidays! It was too hot to climb in Penticton, so they came home to get one more day of climbing in in Calgary. I love surprises like that!! So to say the least, I spent Saturday night with Ryan and his roomy Mike catching up on all the events of their holidays, making dinner, having some bevvies and just enjoying time together again.

Sunday morning was an early one again for me. I met up with Chandra and Aletha to head out climbing in Grassi for the morning (that was another surprise - Aletha missing church Sunday morning to come out climbing - I was delighted that she came!!). We had a great day and are feeling more and more confident climbing with out the boys. Aletha also did really well, being only her second time out. We got her up on a 5-8 and she gave it a good attempt...I think she's starting to get addicted like me! It was so much fun!

Leath and I had to head back to town early for a birthday dinner last night (strange but true, we celebrated my Popa and Great Uncle's 100th brithday even though they're both dead). Any reason to get together for good food with my family is always welcome! I tried to make it an early night, being tired from my day out in Grassi...but Ryan and I ended up renting movie and staying up rather late again...ugh - I tired today (all well worth it though :)) - I'm a very happy girl!

2 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

You had such a good weekend and it wasn't even your birthday!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

I hope my birthday doesn't suck now that I"ve had this great weekend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home