The Fish Mongress

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Canada Day Long Weekend

It was a great weekend, full of activities, friends, adventure and fun! A breif overview...

Friday

  • Appointment with Melissa and Bart's mom Mary to get "Pretty Toes"
  • Kayaking at Bowness Lagoon (I need to build more confidence for rolling)

Saturday

  • Finished looking after Nikki
  • Grocery shopping
  • Afternoon visit with Kathy
  • Dinner with Mom
  • Movie and sleep-over with Ryan

Sunday

  • Climbing at Lake Louise with Ryan, Pete and Yvonne
  • Dinner at the pub at Lake Louise Chateau (not the best experience)

Monday

  • Was supposed to go to Acephale to climb but was too tired and sore so I stayed home.
  • Laundry
  • Bought my first Grigri - in burgandy!
  • Visited with Melissa
  • Brad came over for dinner (and brought dinner too - great guest!!)

Now it's Tuesday and back to "real work". Although a short week is always nice!!

6 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger MB said...

Happy Canada Day girl! Hope you had a great weekend.

You know that you need more pics of your shirtless climbing guy friends, don't you?

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

I will make that top priority next time I'm out in the mountains!! I'm sure some other readers would enjoy those shots as well:-)

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger mrs the experience said...

WTF is a Grigri?

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger mrs the experience said...

Ohhh. I googled it. I understand now.

But for a second I wondered if you meant gris-gris!

And that would be an entirely new kind of climbing, I think.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

How long do pretty toes last in climbing shoes?

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

It's a week later and I still have pretty toes! I've only been climbing twice since then though...not sure if that makes a difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home