The Fish Mongress

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Catching up

I just seem to be behind on posts these days! Why - I really don't have an excuse.

Had a fantastic weekend. No wait, back up!

So Ryan has finished house sitting in Bragg Creek and I've since started Cat-sitting in Calgary. Better that we're closer to everything now (although Bragg was really beautiful). I'm looking after Pima and Cahlee (photos will come) for Pete and Yvonne. Pima is a crazy cat (like Mercury, loves having his belly rubbed!?!?) and gets into everything - I love it! I'm still working on Cahlee - she's doesn't seem so fond of having me around, but we are getting a little bit more affectionate (it really helps when Rye's around to keep Pima occupied and away from us). So, once again...not home (really gotten to the point that I just don't care any more...as long as Ryan's around). So we've been at P&Y's off and on all week and another 2 weeks to go.

Had a fantastic weekend. (hee hee). Friday night we had a lovely BBQ at P&Y's and then headed over to Walson and Rhonda's for drinks along with Knut, Colleen, Ines, Kid and Zusana. We didn't stay too long - Ryan had hockey at 10pm and I went to visit with Melissa. (it was way too long since our last visit...I really shouldn't let that happen).

Of course I had too much to drink (okay ready for how pathetic this is!?). I had one strongbow, one beer and 2 vodka waters. I woke up Saturday morning feeling like I was going to throw up (a feeling by the way I haven't had since my work Christmas party back in January - yeah Alanis!!). I worked through it and got out to Cougar to climb with Chandra and Ines (moving to Calgary and it was our first climb together - a great girl and I'm looking forward to doing more climbs with her). We had a great girl's day...not too strenuous and accomplished a couple of good climbs (at least in my mind!).

It somehow pooped me out completely though and Saturday night, I could hardly keep my eyes open. Thank gawd Ryan is borrowing a play station for a little while and that helped in keeping him pre-occupied while I pretty much crashed.

Today has been a totally relaxing day...slept in, had lox and bagles for breakfast with coffee and Baily's, played some video games, had a nap...it's been wonderful! I did get out to run a couple errands (preparing for someone's birthday coming up this Thursday:)!) and now I"m looking forward to taco's for dinner - yummy!

This week coming up should be pretty normal...salsa on Monday, climbing on Tuesday, salsa on Wednesday, Rye's birthday on Thursday and Friday....too early to tell.

(P&Y - I hope you're having a fantastic time in Font! I will post picts soon of your babies)

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

You bought your own place why? ;)

I swear you could be a full-time housesitter. Get out of the fish biz for good.

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alanis! We're having a fantastic time climbing everyday! The boulders are amazing!!! We miss our little babies very much. Thanks again. We'll try to check back for pics soon. P&Y

 

Post a Comment

<< Home