The Fish Mongress

Sunday, January 21, 2007

And She Does It!!

I know there's tons to catch up on, and possibly some day I'll spend the time to do that...right now I don't seem to have much down time. My days consist mostly of work, dance, climbing, house hunting (for Rye and I) and resting (really that means sleeping - haha). But I do have to say that I finally achieved my goal of not coming in last place in a climbing competition! This past Friday was the second C3 Comp at the Climbing Centre and I managed 5th place (with a total of 8 contestants). Yeah!!! Middle of the pack!!! I was so excited!! It was an awesome night and I have to say I was very proud of many people for entering the comp (Chandra, Andrew, Allison, Nathan - way to go!!).

The pain I'm feeling now isn't so much fun - it's best described as the achy feeling you have with the flu, but without the flu...yeah a lot of pain in my muscles right now. I will survive!

In other news....

My very first salsa performance is coming up (other than the Student Night Out performances I've done in the past). Mambo Productions is putting together an evening called Jazz & Mambo Gala and there's a small section where the all-girl group I'm dancing with will perform. I'm rather excited about it as well as extremely nervous - haha! That's part of my not having a life right now; we're practicing a few times a week to get up to speed (and we really need to too!!). If you're interested in coming to watch (and then there's dancing for everyone after the show), it's at MacEwen hall on Feb. 16th at 9pm. You can get all the details at Mambo Pro

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you! You sound happy and busy. House hunting... that's big... and fun!

Congrats on being in the middle of the pack! That's awesome. With arms like that, you should kick some rock-climbing butt!

Maybe coming home around Stampede for a long weekend. Will let you know if that works out. Just planned a trip to Hawaii over easter. Taking my mom along so I can dive!

Will call soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home