The Fish Mongress

Thursday, November 24, 2005

La Gusta Salsa

Salsa classes started up again last night and I'm so happy to be out dancing every week again. It was only two weeks between sessions and I thought I was going to go crazy. However last night I started wondering if I'm the right type of person for salsa. Chatting with fellow class mates, I found out that I'm dancing along side a biochemist, a geophysicist and a computer science techy guy. I sell fish. Plain and simple. All of a sudden I feel as though I'm in some sort of warpped genius social gathering...and I'm not too sure I belong.

Of course after getting to dancing, I felt right back at home again! It was just weird to find out that so many people in my class are of the "highly intellectual" sort. My only concern now is all the spinning in our routine this semester. Oh I'm gonna be dizzy! Must remember to get Gravol before next class.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger MB said...

I think you will find that most people who do 'extraneous' activities in their lives (whether it be salsa dancing or bike racing) are more educated and intellectual than those who don't. The only exception might be hockey, where everyone and their mother wants to belong.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger MB said...

I'd love to see you burn up the dancefloor! Do you guys do any performances when you get some routines down?

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

No performances yet - but if I were somewhere with salsa music and someone who could dance, I would certainly show off a few moves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home