The Fish Mongress

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I'm Baa-aack!

Why I came back, I'm not entirely sure, but none the less I'm back living in reality again. Looking at the weather that we're about to suffer through, I'm thinking I may have done better to leave on holidays now! Oh well, such is life and either way, I had a fantastic time in PV.

The weather was fantastic, the food was exceptional, the beer very cold and the Mexicans, as always, ever so generous! There's just too much to say about everything, so here are a few high-lites from the trip.

Of course seeing my dad is always a delightful moment for me. And I love his place and really appreciate where it's at in PV...nothing fancy, but full of character and right in the heart of Old PV.

Eating at Yogi's - my favourite restaurant that's a block and half up from dad's. The best meal in PV in my opinion and you're stuffed full for only $30 pesos...about $3.75 Cdn. Not many tourists either as the restaurant is further up from where tourists go and the couple who run the restaurant don't speak English!

Dancing at La Bodegita de Media (a Cuban club) with Roberto - an actual gentlemanly Mexican (with a few too many Michael Jackson moves thrown into the salsa dancing), and drinking Mojito's.

Eating Tacos and Quesedilla's at Louis' Taco stand at 2 in the morning.

Finding Toto's bar (the local hang out that's only a block away from dad's) where cervesa's are only $12 pesos...no margarita's there if you're interested though.

Swimming in the ocean.

Eating Chile Reno's at Eva's stand...I was sad that she had to move from where she used to be (in this beautiful park) and she's now behind the fish market (very stinky) just off the beaten path...I really hope she can still make a go of it.

There's just so many! That's a few to start with. As for photos, you'll have to wait a day or two. I didn't want to spend the time at work on my first day back downloading pictures. I didn't think that would go over too well with certain people here at the office.

In the mean time though...for all of you out there reading this...I hope you all have a very Happy Valentine's Day!!

3 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

Sounds like fun. Too bad you missed the good weather and returned for the bad!

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! How is your spanish? Good enough to get you in trouble? What's the weather like there? It is cooling off here... 19C yesterday, 14C today. I should be in PV!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger MB said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a heavenly time was had. Too bad you timed your return to experience the hell hole we're living through now! Oh well, memories to keep your sanity, yes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home