The Fish Mongress

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Ups and Downs of the Weekend

I had a very odd experience last night. My mom's neighbour passed away and was found last night in her bed (the assumption so far is she died from a heart attack in her sleep at age 75). I'm feeling pangs of guilt as I noticed her newspapers piling up on her front steps since Saturday. I did eventually ask my mom if she knew if Lou was away, but I was concerned that it might be something more. It turns out that she had passed away sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning. I know there's nothing I could have done about her passing on but I feel bad, she could have been found sooner if I had mentioned something. I must learn to speak up! On the up side (if there is such a thing with death), it's nice to see that she got to stay in her own house right up until the very end - no ordeals with nursing homes - and she had just returned from a trip to Mexico the previous Tuesday, so she really lived right until the very end.

Now on the other end of the spectrum, I'm just soooo excited about my condo again! I went to revisit it on Sunday past to sort out measurements and colors that I may paint once I move in. It's starting to take it's toll on me as I'm having a hard time falling asleep for all the planning I do while lying in bed. Only 34 more sleeps (not that I'm counting!!)


My beautiful purple and orange kitchen - soon to be different colors.

The living room and balcony.

The bathroom.

I'm also open to suggestions for decor...so far I'm thinking a light forest green for the walls...

6 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger MB said...

One of my best girlfriend's grandmas died last week. After lunch, she went to have a nap and never woke up. That's a great way to go.

Thanks for the condo pics. I can't wait until the housewarming *wink*

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

Don't you worry - you will be informed of housewarming when it happens...there may be many in order to get everyone over!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Alanis said...

That may not be fair to the last couple of shifts...I mean depending on if I'm enjoying a cocktail or two (which I rarely do!). I wouldn't be able to give them my full attention and that's just not fair. No it has to happen over many evenings and weekends.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger MB said...

Well, I expect my hosts to be well liquored and speaking in tongues by the time I get there, so I will volunteer to show up for the last shift. I know, I know - you're welcome....

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Alanis said...

Thank you Reid, Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home