The Fish Mongress

Monday, February 27, 2006

Miss Social Butterfly - Pooped!

Well I had a great weekend visiting and catching up with all sorts of people - but I'm paying for it now! I'm exhausted!

Friday night was dinner at mom's and it was her friend Ellen (my true mommy) that was visiting in town. It was great to see her and catch up. We laughed until my stomach hurt...as we always do. Everytime I see Ellen and her and my mom get going, I wish I could travel back in time to see them in action...they have done some hilarious things in their past.

Saturday was full of running around. I went to visit Dolly (Kelly's cat) who had managed to get the lid off her treats jar and eat every last one of them. She then kindly regurgitated them on the floor to share with me. A lovely way to start the day I would say. I got a bit more of a visit in with Ellen and then headed off to the gym to do some bouldering. After two hours of that and ripping my fingers apart, it was home for a quick nap and getting ready for the whole clan coming over that night. It was a great night visiting with Geoff & Leianne, Ray & AJ, Dave and Ross...although I think my age is really starting to show...I hardly remember the conversations going on for the last hour as I could hardly keep my eyes open. Damn I hate being an old Fart!!

Sunday - to say the least, was very low key. I needed lots of rest to recuperate from Saturday. Visited Dolly again - no pukes that day - and stopped my mom's again, but missed Ellen as they were out for breakfast. I really didn't do much of anything until dinner when Kathy and Roger showed up for our feast of Mussels Marinere....Hmmmm Yummy!

Thank goodness Roger and Kathy are of an older generation, so 8:30 was the perfect time to say goodbye and good night. And yes, I'm that old that I was in bed and sound alseep by 9:30!

I think I may just need some more practice...I used to be able to do late nights/early mornings all the time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home