The Fish Mongress

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Midst Weekend Report

Oh dear...I'm puppy sitting again and I've drunk half (okay 3/4 to almost whole) bottle of wine by myself, taken Nikki (the pup) out for a walk and had to turn down an opportunity to visit friends at the bar (because I'm already too drunk to drive!!!). Yes, my life is something to be insperational to others....really shouldn't blog when drunk! It is Saturday night and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my evening at home. Really?? That's not really me, or is it now? I did go out last night with my friend Allison. The evening could have been spectacular, but ended up being just so-so. No fault of Alli's. We met at the Yard house (heating busted there and wayyyyy tooo cold to stay and drink) but before leaving, her friend (along with a couple of male companions) showed up to join us for the evening. From there it seemed to be a downward spiral for me. I met a gentalmen ( not to be mistaken with the "Order of Gentlemen" - I'm sure that would have been way more fun) by the name of Captain Bruce at Melrose. Nice enough man, age 60-something I would gather, thinks I have a "great personality" and am good looking...I'm way too nice and ended up chatting with Cap't Bruce for too many hours (eventually Alli did save me from him) - I'm going to be mean and not show up on Sunday for brunch at Melrose with him...I know that makes me a bitch (you should be proud of me!). Then we tried to get rid of Cappy by going to the Metro 17th, but unfortunately someone in our party told Bruce that's where we were going. Guess who showed up at the Met? Not only that, by the time we got there, we managed to lose one of our own group (I have no clue how that happened?!). I now really just want to go home but in true spirit, suggest a new location to the party and head off to the Bier Market. I really just want to go home. We get to the Bier Market (after finding a ticket on Alanis' car...damn secret parkade) only to get word from our MIA. Back to the Met to pick up MIA. Finally make it to the Bier Market. Please can I just go home?! It's now been brought to my attention that Alli's friend (completely intoxicated and already doesn't remember where she is) is infatuated with one of the "male companions", only to realize that he has a crush on me...not interested and I REALLY need to go home. Why is it that you can't enjoy your evening as soon as it doesn't go to plan?? 11pm and I went home. I was done - no where near intoxicated (I apparently left that for tonight) - just done. Alli and I get a second chance next weekend, but I really find it weird that when an evening changes from what you originaly plan, that either it's fantastic or "eih". Why does "eih" have to happen?

Again...really shouldn't post when drunk!

5 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

You best be careful, you can lose your blogging license if get a BUI.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great way to get caught up with all your adventures... Great pics of your apartment. I will have to make a trip up (once the snow is gone) to see it.
-----------------------------------
Rule #1: Avoid strange, old men.
-----------------------------------
Too bad the evening turned out so badly. You needed me there to prevent you from breaking Rule #1.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger MB said...

Whaddya think of a combined b-day party for you, Curtis and I? If the 30th works best, we can do a bar night. if the 31st, we'll party it up at our house. New Years house party is so much better (and cheaper) than the bar.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

I think the 31st would be a better one for me as I have to work on the 31st, but have the 1st off. House party it is!! Ohh I'm excited!!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Mr. Kotter, I'm so excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home