The Fish Mongress

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Up Coming Weekend

I have a very busy weekend coming up and I just realized that I'm quite poor for all the entertaining that's about to take place. I'm going to have to find ways to be crafty to get through.

I have my friend Kelly and her boyfriend Matt coming over this evening. Matt's an electrician and I have a couple of issues at home he said he'd look into for me...if it only costs me a dinner, I can live with that.

Friday my mom has asked me to come over for dinner. I ask the reason why and she tells me I just need to be there for dinner. My mom is the worst ever at keeping secrets and although I commend her efforts this time...she forgot to not mark the occasion on her calender. So Friday night is dinner with my "true mom" Ellen and I'm excited. Ellen and my mom have been friends since grade school and Ellen, for as long as I can remember, lives in Toronto, so I don't get to see her all that often. Honestly, my character matches more closely to Ellen than anyone in my family, it's almost eerie!

Saturday night I'm having the 'Ole clan over - Geoff and Leianne, Dave and Erin, Ray and AJ and Ross - for beers and cards.

Then to finish off the weekend I'm having Kathy and Roger over on Sunday for a much overdue dinner.

My gosh, you could almost say I'm a social butterfly! If I survive this weekend, I think I'll be out of the social scene for a while to recover. Ha - who am I kidding?!

4 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are not offering your 'rotten vegetables' to your guests...

I hope to have an evening out with you soon. Maybe Mar or April? By April I should be a whale...

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Alanis said...

I can't wait to see you as a whale!! I mean that as a compliment - will you let me touch your belly?

Whale or not, I jsut can't wait to see you and Suresh - and I promise no rotten veggies for you:)

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is funny how I have become self-conscious of my little belly. Maybe once I am the size of a whale I will stop feeling fat in the traditional sense! It doesn't help that I haven't been working out. Suresh and I are getting in the tradition of taking a walk which at least gets me outside.

Hopefully we can get to Calgary this spring. Want to see the new place.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for having us over and not serving us rotten veggies

Geoff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home