The Fish Mongress

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Craziness of a Time

I'm going to apologize now for the few posts you're going to see over the next month or so...life is just way too busy and having a computer only at work, there isn't much time to blog. So I'm going to try and get a good one in today and then it may be the New Year before there's any more.

So yes, life is busy! But December always seems to be that way. I spent the past week puppy sitting (that's Niki to the left), which adds to the hectic pace as I then had to go "home" every day to feed/walk/pay attention to the dog. But I do love puppy sitting, so it wasn't all that bad. In between running from work to Niki, I also managed to squeeze in climbing a couple of nights, salsa dancing on Wednesday as well as shopping with Melissa, attended an open house at The Dance Studio Saturday night (more dance classes for me in 2006!), visited with Allison Saturday afternoon and more shopping on Sunday again with Melissa. Wow it really was a busy week.

I'm trying to calm things down a bit this week, but I don't think I'm being too successful at it. The realization that Christmas is just around the corner and then moving a couple of weeks after that is looming rather heavily on me. So this week holds lots of phone calls to set up things like phone/utilities/etc. (Oh by the way, I just signed all the papers this morning so it is truly all official now!), finish Christmas shopping, dance on Wednesday, get a visit in with Kelly (that's the next kitty-sitting job), bake cookies on Friday and Saturday, 2 Christmas parties to attend Saturday night and drive mom to the airport for Mexico (yeah, that's a 6am appointment). I keep thinking that I'll be so happy once January comes and the craziness is over, but then I realize that it's only going to be different kind of crazy - really, when is my life not crazy?! Maybe I'll be back to "normal crazy" soon.

Any way, I hope everyone reading this is doing well and if I don't get the chance in person to do so I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and Joyous New Year!

5 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger MB said...

What is your rate for cat-sitting? How much for two or three drop-ins during the week in January when Joe and I are in Texas?

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

When are you away and for how long? I usually charge $100 for the week, but that's to live there as well...so just dropping in - we could hash out an appropriate rate.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger The Experience said...

That's the dog that made all the noise? She does look stuffed.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Alanis said...

I know, she reminds me of a Gund toy...and she's soft like one too! But yes, she truly is a live dog!

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the place. That is going to cause a new layer of craziness to your life... trust me! At least you will maintain the same address for a while, my vagrant friend. Hope you have a great holiday season (remember to actually take a moment and relax and enjoy it) and happy early Birthday! I am sure I will talk to you before then.

It is funny that I am the person who took that blog photo... It's a pretty funny shot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home