The Fish Mongress

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Here's a quicky

The maddness of it all! Has the holiday season always been this busy? I truly don't remember the past years being this hectic. Ah well, it's still nice that most of the hecticness (sp?) is being spent with friends and family.

I had a good weekend, spending Friday night with Brad and Derek baking cookies (7 batches!!) until the wee hours of the morning. Fortunately they let me spend the night because I couldn't see straight for all the raw cookie dough I consumed (or maybe it was the Baja Rosa?). The Saturday morning it was up, bright and early to finish baking (thank gawd I only do this once a year!!). I got to join Brad at his yoga class that morning...the first time I've ever done yoga. Rather interesting...not as easy as it looks. I then scooted home and got ready for our family Christmas gathering out in High River with the reli's.

I know, how corny! But it's my family and I will admit...it's fun!

Sunday I actually slept in with out feeling pangs of guilt for not getting up and doing. I enjoyed a relaxing breakfast and then headed out to meet Jon for a bit of bouldering and the we went shopping and enjoyed a pint and grub and a visit with Joe at Swans. Also got to see what Santa's up to before Christmas!


Now it's back to work (ugh!). I met up with Kelly last night for Sushi (yummy!) but enjoyed a fairly quiet evening otherwise. This morning I was reminded of why my mother had children as I got up at 4:00am to drive her to the airport...she's off to Puerto Vallarta to visit dad and family for Christmas! And now I sit here at work, it's way too early, and I only hope that I manage to stay awake thoughout the day!!

Tonight I'm meeting up with Jon again to go climbing at the Calgary Climbing Centre and then tomorrow is my last salsa class before the holidays. Thursday night it a get together with friends and then Friday I think I finally get to relax! Whew, it's a busy time!

7 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found your Blog, fun read. Hope you have a good Christmas and fun New Years! Good luck with the new house.

We hope to get out for a visit this spring/summer.

cousin John

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are keeping up... my parents are arriving from Cowtown on Thursday... I am pretty excited. We are even doing a road-trip to Vegas... (interesting twist on traditional Christmas spirit). Speaking of "spirit", drink an extra glass for me and I will be toasting you, Jon, Jared and Alli from this side!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger The Experience said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

Mel I got your message on Wednesday - don't you know I was salsaing!! We had our get together last night and I thouroughly enjoyed a Baily's for you!
I hope you have a fantastic time in Vegas - play a quarter for me!

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds good. tonight's the hockey game, so I won't be around, but I will call on your cell tomorrow. nice to have my parents home. they are doing really well. there may be a move to Calgary in their future...
-mel

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh by the way... you have to tell me what you want for Xmas... You wouldn't have had something to open yesterday!
:(
-mel

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Alanis said...

It's okay! I'm all about spreading out the season! I will let you know soon...at the moment I still don't know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home